When you upload a file into the File Manager or add it to your page using the File widget, the contents of the file cannot be displayed on the page directly from the file. When you add a file to your page, there will be a link to it that your site visitor will be able to click on and open the file on their computer.
If you want to display the contents of the file on the page, you will have to enter the content using the Sitebuilder widgets. If it is a Word document, you can drag a Text widget onto the page and then copy and paste the contents into the widget.
Please note that if you copy and paste directly from a program like MS Word the formatting of the text is very likely to break your page. The best way to avoid this is to first copy and paste into a program like Notepad (you should find it in the accessories folder of your computer). This will strip out any unwanted formatting and you can then safely paste into the text widget.
Alternatively, you can embed your file onto your site using the code. These Google Search results provide suggestions you can use. Once you have the code, you can add to your page using an HTML widget.
- In your Sitebuilder, go to Widgets.
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- An HTML Editor will open up that will allow you to write or paste your code (use right-click > paste or Ctrl-V to paste).
- When you are done, click Save and you will see the way that the HTML displays on your page.