Search engines cannot "see" graphics, they read the text. You can help the search engines "see" the topic of your graphics by giving them something called an "alternate attribute" or "alternate text".
If you added the picture using the Picture Widget, you can add alt text as follows:
- Click on the Picture Widget in your page, and then click Edit at the top of your Picture Widget.
- Under Alternative Text, enter your description in the box provided.
- When you have typed in your text, click the Save button and it will be added to the image.
You can add alt text for pictures added with the Text Widget by following these steps:
- Click on the picture in your Text Widget.
- On the Text Editing Toolbar, click on the cogwheel icon (which is next to your Float options).
- A dialog box will open up allowing you to type in the alternative text desired for your image.
- Click OK.
Your pictures will then have an alt attribute.