To embed your own video into your site without using YouTube or MetaCafe, you will need to do a bit of HTML coding. These Google Search results provide suggestions that you may be able to use. Once you have the HTML code needed, you can add this to your site with an HTML widget.
If the HTML code needs to reference a file pathway for your video, the path to your file would similar to this: http://www.yoursite.com/resources/folder/file.mp4
- "http://www.yoursite.com" is your site's address.
- "resources" is the name of the File Manager (you must not change that).
- "folder" - if your file is in a folder, include the folder name.
- "file.mp4" is the name of your file.
You also need to ensure that the path name is identical to the one in the File Manager in terms of upper and lower-case letters, dots, dashes etc.
Here's how to add the code to an HTML widget:
- Go to Widgets and select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- The HTML Editor will open up, allowing you to paste in the code.
- Click Save.
You should see your video working. There may be a buffering period - the speed of this is dependent on the speed of your internet's server.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future. Codes can become obsolete and/or conflict with the enhancements made to provide you with the best Sitebuilder possible.