Images might display sideways or upside down after uploading them to your website because the photo was taken in landscape mode. While most image viewers will automatically rotate the image to the correct orientation when you preview it, internet browsers do not do this.
To rotate an image you need to do this to the image before uploading into the File Manager. Something like Paint has a rotate function and should do the trick. Here's how to do it:
- Right-click the sideways image on your computer and select Save image as... in the menu that appears.
- Right-click the image from the location it was saved at (usually on the Desktop or in the Downloads folder) and select Edit. Your image will open in Microsoft Paint.
- At the top of MS Paint, click Rotate.
- Select Rotate left 90°.
- Save the rotated image.
- Upload the fixed image to the File Manager.
If you are using Mac, follow these steps:
- Click on the image to open it on your computer.
- Simultaneously, press the COMMAND + SHIFT + The number "4" keys. This will allow you to use a snipping tool to take a screenshot of the image.
- Save the screenshot to your computer.
- Upload the image to the File Manager.